…RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Red Flag
Warning for the potential of enhanced fire spread, which is in
effect from 9 AM this morning to 7 PM EDT this evening.
* AFFECTED AREA…New Jersey.
* TIMING…From 9:00 AM until 7:00 PM Saturday.
* WINDS…West 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…Lowering to 20 to 25 percent.
* IMPACTS…Gusty winds and very dry air will create conditions
that may promote the rapid spread of wildfires.
What is a Red Flag Warning?
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly due to a combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly get out of control and become difficult to contain. For more information about wildfire danger, burn restrictions, and wildfire prevention and education, please visit your state forestry or environmental protection website.